Today I’m in a good mood.
Why? You may ask. Well it’s because today I get to play Santa to someone.
That’s right today I get award someone with the Year Long Training Program 2.0. If you’re new to this blog then here’s what this means.
This program includes everything you need to get in the best shape of your life in one plan. In other words this winner gets:
1. Complete Workouts for 2 Years. They not only get all the new workouts I’ve designed and put together they also get the original workouts from the first year. This includes all the warm-ups, cool downs, lifts, core exercises, corrective exercises, stretches and auxiliary workouts you need to have a lean and appealing physique.
2. Complete Meal Plans – You not only get 2 weeks worth of meal plans you also get unique strategies to either lose or gain weight. Obviously these are vastly different goals and therefore there needs to be a unique approach to each.
3. Regeneration and Recovery Strategies – Tired of those aches and pains? Wish you could get over your plateaus and make some serious gains? Often times we are short changing ourselves when it comes to what we do in between our workouts. You get the inside track on allowing your body to repair and recover as quickly as possible.
4. Bonus Reports – In addition to the reports on Sleep and Fat Loss, Omega-3, Foods to Avoid and others the winner will also receive reports on Inflammation and Fat Loss, pH and Muscle Loss, Why it Matters When You Eat, How to Get the Kids on Board with Healthy Eating and more.
5. More Simple Workouts – I’ve put together a number of bodyweight workouts and challenges. And there are a number more workouts that require only one piece of equipment. You can build up your home gym slowly without missing out on key workouts.
6. More Energy System Workouts – I’ve put together specially designed stair workouts that can be done anywhere in the world. I’ve got some winter workouts when you want to get outside and mix things up. (***be forewarned…these winter workouts burned the most calories of any of my workouts…ever!). I’ve even designed an Interval Calculator where you simply plug in one number and I’ve done the calculation for you in terms of what to do, how hard and how long when you do an energy system workout. Short of having me run on the treadmill for you, these workouts could not be more done-for-you.
7. Test Protocol – As I mentioned there are a number of challenges and tests in the program. You also get a protocol to figure your strength in certain key lifts. No more guessing as to what weight you should be using or if you are making progress. This tool guides you through the process and tells you where you’re at.
This is just a sampling of what the winner will receive. And it wasn’t an easy decision to pick a winner. Here are some of the contents from the various entries.
‘I could really use a kick in the pants to get me more motivated and seeing more results.’
‘Surely this program would help me garner a better nutritional strategy….’
‘… I still use the techniques and exercises that you taught me.’
‘If I win, I’ll give it to my husband for his 40th b-day, and he will love it so much I won’t ever be able to top that present….’
‘If I win, I will use it to ACTUALY try and reach my fitness and nutritional goals. I have new found modivation…’
‘ I’m a working mom with 3 boys who are active in sports so it’s important for me to make the best use of my time.’
‘…the start of a lifestyle change, eating better, exercising more.’
‘As I am on the road frequently with work, a program to follow and participate in from afar would be MOST helpful.’
‘That’s what I’m hoping for from Year Long 2.0 – guidelines to help me reach the top of the World Championships podium representing Canada again.’ <<<wow a World Championship athlete using the Year Long Training Program!
‘I have really enjoyed this years program and I brag about it to everyone I know who works out or who is starting to. I really believe in your programs and feel that I have benefited so much from it not just physically but mentally as well. It’s because of this program that has really got me interested in becoming a trainer and whether or not I win I will still continue in this program and use all the knowledge when I become certified to get others involved as well.’
‘…(speaking of her husband) he would benefit from a program like yours Chris because he really needs a well organized plan to help him find his way back. He is a great person and I’d like to keep him around for a long time.’
But in the end there could be only one winner.
And the winner is Dov Shafer. Read below for Dov’s entry.
My name is Dov Schafer, you may remember me as the fat guy who you worked with at the capitol news center a few years ago. Shortly after graduating high school I was nearly 315lbs, and certainly not just “big boned”. After my dad died from stomach cancer far too young, I re-evaluated my priorities. Life is too short to spend without energy, direction and purpose! During my university studies I have earned a culinary degree and ravenously pursued knowledge with the same fervor with which I used to consume food. I have managed to drop down to a healthy 180lbs by living healthy, eating whole foods high in protein and natural nutrients, and doing vigorous physical activity including kick-boxing and weightlifting. I am a different person now than I was 5 years ago; every cell in my body and pathway in my brain has evolved. I am excited and full of energy for the future, ready to be successful in life and fitness.
The problem I am having now, after reaching my super long term goal (being 185 and having abs), is that I am lacking specific focus. I don’t know weather to try to gain muscle, or lose fat, or even how much body fat percentage I actually have. I would GREATLY benefit from your expertise. We have similar body types now, I would love to train towards specific goals like you are doing, and look forward to reading your blog posts every week.
Please chose me for the free yearlong workout; I will be the most appreciative recipient, and as a student I don’t have a lot of spare income at the moment.
Wow! Some powerful stuff, eh?
Everyone of the people that entered are totally deserving. What came through to me from these comments was:
* The need for quality programming and nutrition. Everyone of us has the potential for greatness. Sometimes all we are lacking is the right information.
* The need to be inspired and motivated. It’s easy to get derailed and off track. I do from time to time.
* Why we work out in the first place. Did you recognize how many people mentioned their families? Or that entered on behalf of a family member. This is huge. We can use fat loss, lean body mass and better joint function to have better lives with the ones we love.
As I write this I’m more clear than ever before about what my mission is and how I’m going to help you get there.
I’m going to continue to motivate you to use the best information I can provide with regards to training, nutrition and recovery to make every moment you have with the people you like the best possible.
How’s that for a mission statement?
Chris okanaganpeakperformance.com ‘always moving forward’